ASCP’s Choosing Wisely Champions program is seeking to recognize individual clinicians, as well as pathologists, laboratory professionals, and clinical teams for their commitment to the ABIM Foundation’s Choosing Wisely Campaign.
When nominating a Champion, some areas to consider include individuals or teams that have
- Advanced Choosing Wisely in their practice.
- Played a major role in development of Society recommendations.
- Helped educate Society members about Choosing Wisely and/or recommendations.
- Conducted measurement of recommendations.
- Validated research of importance of recommendations.
- Demonstrated leadership of a localized Choosing Wisely effort.
- Served as a spokesperson for the Society or campaign.
Nominations should include a brief description of how clinicians are implementing Choosing Wisely and examples of how those contributions are advancing the goals of the campaign. Because Choosing Wisely is focused on evidence-based findings, please provide any data, metrics, articles, and impact reports if it they are available.
The deadline for submitting nominations is April 27. For more information or to nominate a Champion, contact Edna Garcia, MPH, Senior Manager, Scientific Engagement and Research, ASCP Institute of Science, Technology and Policy, at firstname.lastname@example.org.